This is how you can run yourself the so called “neurological tests”, to have periodic snapshots of your recovery progress.
1. Quiet, neutral expression, eyes open
2. Quiet, neutral expression, eyes closed
3. Eyes tightly shut
4. Lift the eyebrows (Surprise)
5. Pucker (lips forward, Kiss)
6. Blow the cheeks (Balloon)
7. Light smile
8. Broad, “Hollywood” smile
9. Show your upper and lower teeth (Grin)
The analysis of the pictures allows us to evaluate the functioning and coordination of various facial muscles. It allows also to determine the grade (scale) of eventual synkinesis and contractures. It is a simple visual way to follow your recovery process after BP and to monitor the efficacy of suggested therapies as well as the duration of achieved results.
– Alex Pashov
Crystal Touch Bell’s palsy clinic